Options

6292A - Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client ?

poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
i was wondering does the 6292A have a final test exam you take ?
also after the 6292A what would be next too take ?

i know most people take sever exams, ie N+,S+ and/or even windows 2008 exams. at this point in time i would like to focus more on windows then on severs. i'm thinking more on the mcts exams.

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    poszeone wrote: »
    i was wondering does the 6292A have a final test exam you take ?
    also after the 6292A what would be next too take ?

i know most people take sever exams, ie N+,S+ and/or even windows 2008 exams. at this point in time i would like to focus more on windows then on severs. i'm thinking more on the mcts exams.

I took a quick look, it doesn't look like an final exam is needed.
    Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client

Depending on how much experience you have, I'd start do the A+, N+, S+, then move onto the Microsoft exams.
  • Options
    done the A+, and was looking at S+ and it looks more like sever based (win 200icon_cool.gif, but as i said "at this point in time i would like to focus more on windows then on severs."

why do S+ and/or n+ is there any advantage to doing those over a windows exam ?
  • Options
    rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    6292A is simply a Microsoft course reference number for the course 'Maintaining and Configuring Windows 7'... This course is designed to cover the exam objectives of the 70-680... There is no exam for this course, it is the course to accompany learning for the MCTS Windows 7 Configuring exam.Hope that helps!
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • Options
    yes, this does help becouse i have had my eye on the 70-680 way before the Comp TIa A+.i bouthe a book on the 70-680 a year ago, but stoped and got my A+.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you want to focus on windows, you are going to have to get comfortable with servers. The 680 exam will be a lot easier for you set up a lab with Server 2008R2 and a client.
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Unless you have a lot of relevant work experience with AD, Server 2k8, ect.. I'd recommend the S+ first. You can't just ignore servers when working with the 70-680 seeing as they're used widely in configuring and deploying Windows 7. The S+ isn't going to go real in depth like a MCITP:EA or SA but will give you enough background knowledge to move onto 70-680.