CCNA

cestricklincestricklin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Group;
Im looking at adding CCNA to my certs, relatively new to cisco stuff, altough I did install the firewall here with a little help from support, any ideas or suggestions for books on CCNA that are exceptional? Thanks for the support and johan is the man!!

~C
"HE WHO BELIEVES, IS HE WHO SUCCEDES"

Comments

• MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    I exclusively used Todd Lamle's 5th edition (Sybex) for my preperations, very good stuff. Highly recommended. Combine that with Transcender or Boson, and you should do just fine. :)

Remember to get some hands on experience with Cisco routers/switches. If you don't, you not going to make the cut. Good luck.
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    It is always recommended to read as much as you can about a subject. Try both sets of Sybex and the Cisco Press Intro and ICND. It is three books but it will help you formulate different points of views. In which, if one book teaches a different way... then you might understand a bit better.

Hands on practice always helps... either look for router simulator software... Boson.com is the preferred on this board but there are also routersim.com or you can purchase the equipment on ebay.
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • cestricklincestricklin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.....thats a big help..wish me luck

~C
    "HE WHO BELIEVES, IS HE WHO SUCCEDES"
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    good luck....

and I agree w/ QUIX0TIC.......I always use multiple books...I have yet to find one book that covers it all.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA