BRAINDUMPERS.....BEWARE

tiggertigger Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Before I start to get going, Because of the ability to interact with everyone and get Truthful answers about things, this is the best site on the web for Cert Prep icon_cheers.gif

NOW, YOU people that using BD's as a guide for certifications( you know who you are) be prepared for a VERY BIG Suprise come interview day.

You see, ALOT of employers TEST you during interviews.

Here is an example that I used to use for people that wanted to join my station IT Team.

The person would come into my area and I would talk to them for a few minutes to get a feel for them and then I would have them go to the work bench and there would be a box full of Internal PC components and Cases (all of which Could be good) of various kinds and have them put together a working PC, with a 30 minute time limit.

I looked for 2 things. Ability and Determination.

You see, I have had some that SAY that they know alot about computers and could not (even with certifications) complete this task, they were the ones that were making excuses about why they could not do it.

Then there are the ones(No certifications) that were still sitting there trying their hardest to get it done, but could not complete, or have it done.

I know that Interviews are not some of the most pleasant experiences one can do, So, if you think that using BD to get a JOB, beware icon_twisted.gif the ones that YOU are talking to HAVE studied and Passed, Not Cheated for their Certifications.

We all here want to learn and to excel, Not **** and be a burden on everyone else (If you get a job).

V/R Tig.......... Sorry for rambling on.

Comments

• RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No ramble - just some good comments icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Indeed, well said.

(It is funny though... I've seen this guy grap his MOC material when I asked him to install a Windows NT 4 member file server..., he still managed to keep the job for almost 3 full days, I got to give him that... ;) )
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    my job mainly concerns the production of booklets, presentations and website, moreso that any network admin duties (that end had been sewn up, but it was still enough to show me what i was unable to recreate in my lab) and was shocked when i was auditioned for the position as i had never done it before.

still, i must have impressed them. i was on-form that day, i was unemployed and i really wanted that job. luckily.
    A+ Moderator
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I can only hope I am asked to audition for a job. I'd do it in a second. :)
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    one job I had they tested me with 10 questions that looked like it came straight from the A+ practice exams. Some of it was ambiguous though, like what would a good technician bring to a job site? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    For my first ISP job, I had to pass 2 seperate interviews and both interviewers got cute and asked me basic stuff about how to configure a win9x machine for dialup. My quick and thorough answers helped me land the job despite absolutely no call center experience and competition was pretty heavy.

Now, I would absolutely *love* for some potential employer to spring a box of parts on me and tell me to go play ;)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • ccjccj Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only wish more interviewers were like you!
    Sometimes, during the course of one, you know that the person doing the interview/hiring hasn't an Iota of a clue about the post they are advertising and are more concerned with likkle bits of paper saying Degree.
    During one such interview, when I was asked if I had any questions, I just said, "Do you always use your most unskilled employees to conduct interviews?" and got up and left. Yeah, I could afford to be a cheeky bleeder back then before I had a family to support. icon_twisted.gif