CIPT1 642-447 Study Material

geberhardgeberhard Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to take the CIPT1 exam and I'm looking for some legitimate practice test simulator software. I can't seem to find anything other than brain ****. Does anybody have any recommendations? It seems like all of the legitimate companies are out of business because Google only brings up the illegal brain **** sites. I think I'm ready to take the exam but I like to run through some simulator practice software before taking the actual exam.Thanks

Comments

• cuuloco10cuuloco10 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can put a server or vm home lab to access the real life config/ dial plans/ route list, css, etc...i have not seen anything from boson.com or other sites offering a sim software.
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    I haven't seen any simulators for Cisco UC, but the best option would be to install CUCM on VM. When studying for CIPT1/2 I used the Cisco Press 6.0 books and I watched alot of videos by Kevin Wallace on youtube.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • geberhardgeberhard Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate the help. I think I was a little unclear on what I'm trying to find. I already have a virtual lab setup and I also support a CUCM deployment at work, so I'm good with the hands on side of things. What I was hoping to find was practice tests questions that simulate the actual test (i.e. Transcender). I have been unable to find anything other than illegal brain-**** and I was hoping some one could direct me to a legitimate source.

Thanks
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    not much out there, but just a tip, in the admin guides some of the questions on the test are word for word out of the there
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • geberhardgeberhard Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tip.
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    don't stress CIPT1 too hard, it was the least difficult of the 5 exams.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • cuuloco10cuuloco10 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agree..if you do CUCM/UC/UCCX/ VGateway IPT support, then it should be no challange. I do support IPT and it was an easy test.
    I'm working on my CCNP and CCNP Voice and i found that SWITCH was a tougher test than the telephony tests ( CVOICE & CIPT1)

CCNP = TSHOOT pending
    CCNP Voice = CIPT2, TVOICE, CAPPS pending

So good luck and like "sief" indicated don't stress too much if you already know the material and have experience