Commands to enter step by step

AndreLAndreL Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm looking for a txt manuel or pdf file or e-book that give you a step by step walk through of all the commands used to complete a task.
For instance the following commads will Disable CDP globally
NY-R1>enable
NY-R1#config term
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
NY-R1(config)#no cdp run
NY-R1(config)#exit
NY-R1#show cdp
% CDP is not enabled

is there a book (not video) where it walks you though one command per line to complete a task as in above (and below)
functions like enabling RIP
assigning an IP address
Router>enable
Router#config term
Router(config)#hostname RouterA
RouterA(config)#interface f0/1
RouterA(config-if)#ip address 25.0.0.1 255.0.0.0
RouterA(config-if)#no shutdown
---Enalbe RIP V2---
R1(config)#router rip
R1(config-router)#network 18.0.0.0
R1(config-router)#network 19.0.0.0
R1(config-router)#network 20.0.0.0
R1(config-router)#version 2

That plus other that you need for ICND 1 and 2 for for 802 (the whole thing)
Post if my question is unclear

Comments

• jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It sounds like your looking for a Cisco Cookbook. O'REILLY is well known for these and they are great. Cisco IOS Cookbook, 2nd Edition*-*O'Reilly Media
  • billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    The Cookbooks are pretty good, also have a look at the Cisco Press CCNA Portable Command Guide.
    CCNA Portable Command Guide, 2nd Edition
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I highly suggest the CCNA Portable Command Guide and the CCNP Switch and CCNP Route Command Guides after that. I have them all and use them all the time.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    billyr wrote: »
    The Cookbooks are pretty good, also have a look at the Cisco Press CCNA Portable Command Guide.
    CCNA Portable Command Guide, 2nd Edition

+1 the CCNA Portable Command Guide has all the commands needed for the CCNA, delivered in a concise manner. It has examples of the commands in use as well with explanations.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    onesaint wrote: »
    +1 the CCNA Portable Command Guide has all the commands needed for the CCNA, delivered in a concise manner. It has examples of the commands in use as well with explanations.

Would you say its better than the cookbook for real world use, or is it focused more for those taking exams?
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    jude56g wrote: »
    Would you say its better than the cookbook for real world use, or is it focused more for those taking exams?

Bare in mind I don't own the Cookbook... The Command Guide is fairly concise without much discussion beyond syntax example. From the preview that I've seen of the Cookbook it is a lot more robust and contains more information (including discussions) than the Command Guide. I believe the Command Guide goes ever so slightly above CCNA level, but is really geared to teach and be a reference for those required CCNA commands. An example is the Cookbook covers BGP while the Command Guide Doesn't. Also, the Cookbook is three times as big as the Command Guide.

Have a look at the example pages:
    Cisco IOS Cookbook, 2nd Edition - O'Reilly Media
    and here:
    http://www.amazon.com/CCNA-Portable-Command-Guide-2nd/dp/1587201933/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321402077&sr=8-1
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jude56g wrote: »

The CCNA Portable Command Guide is written for the cert, hence the name. The overview contains this quote: "All the CCNA-level commands in one compact, portable resource."

The Cookbook is more real world. It contains a lot of info that is useful at the CCNA level, but it contains a lot more than just that.
  • AndreLAndreL Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thxs guys helped alot