Taking Network+ this afternoon...

Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
Set time at 1pm eastern, now time to study those last few items...
"If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
"Great things have small beginnings."

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Best wishes!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Good luck.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    Just got back, barely passed it, but a pass is a pass. 740 score, 720 needed to pass. Obviously I still need to go over some things, but it's a start.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! A pass is a pass!
  • beingcertifiedbeingcertified Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just took my Network Plus exam this afternoon after taking and passing Security Plus the first week of November. I passed with the same grade you do, but a pass is a pass. I think I'm onto Server + next! Good luck!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • galedgaled Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
  • SixRomeoSixRomeo Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just took my Network Plus exam this afternoon after taking and passing Security Plus the first week of November. I passed with the same grade you do, but a pass is a pass. I think I'm onto Server + next! Good luck!

I thought if you have Security+ you automatically have Network+. Is that not the case?
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    SixRomeo wrote: »
    I thought if you have Security+ you automatically have Network+. Is that not the case?

I wish getting Linux+ got you Sec+, Net+, and A+ icon_cheers.gif
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    SixRomeo wrote: »

No, none of the CompTIA certifications are inclusive of others. CompTIA recommends people take the A+, Network+, and Security+, in that order, but it's not required. It you have the Network+ knowledge or the Network+ certification, the Security+ exam is easier because there is so much networking knowledge requirements in the Security+ exam. From the other side of the coin, if you've passed the Security+ exam, you have a lot of the knowledge required for Network+ so it's not a big leap to study some more and get the Network+.

From a larger perspective, there is quite a bit of crossover between the A+, Network+, and Security+ exams. For someone taking the exams in order, they really do build on each other and help provide an individual with a solid foundation of knowledge they can use to build on. Whether you move into a Microsoft administration role, a Cisco device role, or an IT security role, you start with a solid knowledge set. People that skip this route often have significant holes in their knowledge that they’re unaware of.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I barely passed myself 725. I did some light studying and had confidence that my ten years of networking experience would help me. Boy, I almost paid for it.
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
  • SixRomeoSixRomeo Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    No, none of the CompTIA certifications are inclusive of others. CompTIA recommends people take the A+, Network+, and Security+, in that order, but it's not required. It you have the Network+ knowledge or the Network+ certification, the Security+ exam is easier because there is so much networking knowledge requirements in the Security+ exam. From the other side of the coin, if you've passed the Security+ exam, you have a lot of the knowledge required for Network+ so it's not a big leap to study some more and get the Network+.

From a larger perspective, there is quite a bit of crossover between the A+, Network+, and Security+ exams. For someone taking the exams in order, they really do build on each other and help provide an individual with a solid foundation of knowledge they can use to build on. Whether you move into a Microsoft administration role, a Cisco device role, or an IT security role, you start with a solid knowledge set. People that skip this route often have significant holes in their knowledge that they’re unaware of.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
    Good info, thanks.