Options

685 or 686?

PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
Hello everyone,

I just passed my 70-680 and i want to get one more microsoft for now then i can get MCITP. I want to take either 685 or 686?icon_arrow.gif I think i want to take 686? what does everyone think?icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PCSPreston wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I just passed my 70-680 and i want to get one more microsoft for now then i can get MCITP. I want to take either 685 or 686?icon_arrow.gif I think i want to take 686? what does everyone think?icon_study.gif

Taking the 686 will earn you the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop administrator, the 685 with get you the MCITP:EST I would take the 685 first, the hit the 686. All three exams have material that complement each other, especially the 680/686. With the 686 make sure you have a good lab setup, as it covers a lot of deployment, etc.
  • Options
    GachevskyGachevsky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was in the same boat. I decided that I'd just get both the 685 and 686 certs. I'm going to go for the 685 exam first. I'm shooting for taking the exam before Christmas.
  • Options
    If you pass both you only get MCITP Correct?
  • Options
    If you pass the 685 and 686, together with the 680 you've already passed you will get the:

MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
  • Options
    In this case i would get two seperate MCITP's? That is cool but is MCITP the highest you can get without taking server certs. I won't be taking those types for a year or two. Thoughts?
  • Options
    In this case i would get two seperate MCITP's? That is cool but is MCITP the highest you can get without taking server certs. I won't be taking those types for a year or two. Thoughts?

Yes, you get 2 separate MCITP certs. Some of the server certs like 640, 642, 643 will earn you an MCTS.
  • Options
    I see. Thanks for the great information. Any materials? Videos to download?
  • Options
    I see. Thanks for the great information. Any materials? Videos to download?

I liked Darril Gibson's 685/686 book. The MS press 685 / 686 books are pretty good. Labbing is essential. You might check Professor Messers videos for any 686/686 stuff.