Taking CCNA soon - Notes attached

altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
I've taken my ICND1 about a month ago and getting ready to take my CCNA in about a week or two. I've taken the Cisco course in college (and graduated 2 yr), but just took Microsoft certs since then because of my last jobs. Being in IT Security, I'm now taking a different route obviously. I've read the entire ICND2 and ICND1 books, and jotted down over 150 pages (of BOTH) of very informative notes. I know it seems like a lot, but it's not much when counting pictures and charts, etc.

Anyways, my notes for ICND2 is only about 50 something pages I believe, and I think it'll help out a lot. They may cover more than what they have to, but I've heard a lot of fail stories from CCNA so I want to be more than prepared. I have some experience configuring cisco devices in college (hands on labs), and a lot of experience in Packet Tracer.

I'm attaching my notes in case anyone else would like to add it on to their studies. Getting promoted and wanting to get back in school in January to finish my last 2 years, I'm wanting to take my CCNA no later than the beginning week of December.

Hope it helps, good luck, and let me know your opinions on my notes. I'm getting errors when trying to upload my .zip file, so here they are on my public dropbox:

Notes in PDF - http://db.tt/3dZpnmFG
Commands in Excel - http://db.tt/OftJPaUa
CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
Cisco: CCENT, CCNA

Comments

• sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Thanks for the notes icon_study.gif
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    No problem :)
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No problem!
    Btw, did you use any sims? If so, what kind? I've heard good things about Packet Tracer and GNS3.
  • angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the notesicon_thumright.gif
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    You write notes the way I wish they would write books! 5 minutes in and Ive already learned thing about my network at work I didnt even know about. Excellent notes! Thank you for sharing!
    IEWANNABE wrote: »
    Btw, did you use any sims? If so, what kind? I've heard good things about Packet Tracer and GNS3.

I actually created my own lab in packet tracer. Right now, I just have 3 routers, 2 switches (on both end routers), and a laptop. I didn't really need anymore than that, and I've practiced all the commands in ICND2. I've set up my own lab again (all packet tracer) with multiple switches to practice with STP and VTP, and a few other things.
    angel.oa wrote: »
    Thanks for the notesicon_thumright.gif

No problem :)
    A co-worker of mines had Packet Tracer and he was happy with it as well. Is there someplace other than Netacademy I can get Packet Tracer? I've been thinking about taking the Cisco CCNA Netacademy class, but I had several questions and no one from the Cisco help center could offer my any insight. Perhaps a sign not to even bother with it...especially for 600.00 - 700.00.
    A co-worker of mines had Packet Tracer and he was happy with it as well. Is there someplace other than Netacademy I can get Packet Tracer? I've been thinking about taking the Cisco CCNA Netacademy class, but I had several questions and no one from the Cisco help center could offer my any insight. Perhaps a sign not to even bother with it...especially for 600.00 - 700.00.

Check your PM. I'm actually an alumni and didn't realize I still had access to the Cisco Netacad site until after I passed ICND1. There's sites that have the link to them that I've always had it installed from.
    Cool! I'm not showing anything yet... could be because I'm new. I just started the account yesterday.
    I received the link...came straight to my email, instread of my inbox. Thanks again!
    I received the link...came straight to my email, instread of my inbox. Thanks again!

No problem ^_^
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    altjx, here is what I found under NAT Configuration and Troubleshooting in section 2biii.
    1. The second “misses” counter lists the number of pisses in the pool. This happens when dynamic NAT tries to allocate a new NAT table entry and finds no available addresses.

When I read this, I laughed so hard, because of how hilarious it sounds to me. icon_lol.gif It was definitely a good note by the way. Hopes you pass soon!
    altjx, here is what I found under NAT Configuration and Troubleshooting in section 2biii.

When I read this, I laughed so hard, because of how hilarious it sounds to me. icon_lol.gif It was definitely a good note by the way. Hopes you pass soon!

HAHA. Wow man. At first I thought you were being one of those 'your notes suck' person. I didn't even catch that typo. Thank you! I'll go fix that now, haha!
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    ha, I thought I was the only one who takes 50-100 pages of notes
    pham0329 wrote: »

Haha. Actually, with the ICND1, I wasn't sure how in-depth Cisco would test me, so I tried to jot down every single thing that I had no knowledge of. And as much as I hear with ICND2 failures, I wanna make sure I'm well prepared. Lol.
  • MagneetMagneet Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the notes, i only started prepping for the CCNA 2 weeks ago and am writing the 22nd december, these notes are a real blessing. I ve read a lot about all the certifications of cisco, and i feel that the Cisco family is a caring, and helpful one. Something that one doesnt find everywhere.

Thanks a lot.
    again
    Magneet wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the notes, i only started prepping for the CCNA 2 weeks ago and am writing the 22nd december, these notes are a real blessing. I ve read a lot about all the certifications of cisco, and i feel that the Cisco family is a caring, and helpful one. Something that one doesnt find everywhere.

Thanks a lot.
    again

No problem at all. Glad I could help :)
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great notes! Thanks! I'm sure they will help out a lot. :) Thanks for sharing your hard work with us.
    PC509 wrote: »
    Great notes! Thanks! I'm sure they will help out a lot. :) Thanks for sharing your hard work with us.

You're welcome ^_^
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    pham0329 wrote: »

Obviously, you didn't see my CCNA thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/66510-my-journey-ccna-640-802-a.html#post538075
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • AmjoAmjo Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanx for the notes buddy
    In Progress: MCTS Network Infa
    Next: MCTS SA toward MCITP SA
    Amjo wrote: »
    Thanx for the notes buddy

No problem!