Passed CCNP TSHOOT today - Now a CCNP

SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
I passed the CCNP TSHOOT today with 1000 out of 1000.

I thought the exam was pretty tough - definitely not as easy as some have said. There were several questions that I had to go to other tickets and see a working config and then go back. There were also a few where I would have never come up with the answer to the third question except I was able to weed all the other answers out. I then had to figure out why the last answer left would fix the problem.

To prepare for the exam, I read the entire OCG, watched all the videos on the CCNP TSHOOT cert guide CD, did all the Boson practice questions that came with the OCG and did all of the Boson ExSim-Max practice trouble tickets over and over until I could do them in under 2 minutes each.

I also wrote a configuration for the entire TSHOOT Topology, so that I could spot things in a config that were wrong.

So, the CCNP is finally complete. Now to convince my company to promote me from tech to engineer, or find another job.

Comments

• vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Outstanding....now get that CCNA:V avatar outta there :) Seriously...congrats man
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    vinbuck wrote: »
    Outstanding....now get that CCNA:V avatar outta there :) Seriously...congrats man

As soon as Cisco gives me the logo file. icon_lol.gif
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Awesome, congrats!

I don't know if Cisco changed the way they're doing things, but I'm still waiting for my hard copy cert. However, about a week after I passed, I receive an email from Cisco with a link to a pdf version of my cert, as well as the wallet card.
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    nice work. i've never scored 1000/1000 on a Cisco exam.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats on the pass! its a good feeling huh?
    WIP: IPS exam
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Thanks for the congratulations everyone!
    Yes, it feels great. I still feel stressed though. I may need another day to de-stress.
    sieff wrote: »
    nice work. i've never scored 1000/1000 on a Cisco exam.

I've had some great scores before, but never 1000 either. I think the TSHOOT exam is everyone's best shot at it though.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man! great result. Now enjoy a good few beers over the weekend to celebrate :D

Well done.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking