Options

Vcp

fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

My employeer just let me know they will be paying for VCP training however; I just got some questions.. I have no VCP certs can I just go to the VCP5 training without attending any VCP4 training in order to achieve my VCP?

Thanks
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, if you attend the official VMware training for VCP5, you will qualify for VCP if you pass the VCP5 test.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I assume it's the vSphere 5: Install Configure Manage training that you will be doing? That's the training that qualifies you for VCP5:
    VMware Certified Professional

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • Options
    fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's the one I just signed up for they also purchased the trainsignal vmware 5 training so I'll probably go through those videos before the course so I am better prepared
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    fluk3d wrote: »
    I have no VCP certs can I just go to the VCP5 training without attending any VCP4 training in order to achieve my VCP?
    Not only you can, you are probably better off with going straight for VCP5 at this point, otherwise getting VCP5 would require either another course or a few very busy months.

Good luck!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs