Tech Support/Helpdesk Interview Questions on Friday

LoverLover Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I have an interview for Tech Support/Helpdesk on Friday. could anyone help me with what kind of question they may ask me?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Comments

• phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    There is really no way to know what the company is going to ask. My advice to you would be to look over the job announcement and make sure you're comfortable with what they're asking for. Be confident and if you don't know the answer to a question they ask, then tell then you don't know. Honesty is best.

Good luck.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    wat experience/quals u have?
  • LoverLover Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wat experience/quals u have?

used to fix pc's, build computers, install OS's and setup networks have a+ and n+ cert's.
  • jennyfdjennyfd Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can refer this questions list:
    30. Describe ISO 9001 for Technical support?
    31. What are top 3 knowledge/top 3 skills for Technical support field?
    32. Describe two or three major [COLOR=#009900 !important]trends in your Technical support field?[/COLOR]
    33. What are methods that are used to manage Technical support?
    34. What are common risks for Technical support? And how to face?
    35. Describe steps to manage Technical support activities?
    36. How to measure [COLOR=#009900 !important]performance of Technical support activities?[/COLOR]
    37. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to Technical support field?
    ( Source: Technical support interview questions)
  • duckduckduckduckduckduck Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The HR questions are the ones that always get me (what would you say is your greatest weakness?, etc.,). You might want to google 'common interview questions' in preparation for good answers to some of these.

From a technical standpoint I would expect for a helpdesk position it would be just knowledge of basic troubleshooting steps. Do not overthink these - they are often looking for the simplest solution. For example a machine can't talk to the network - first step could be to either check the physical connection or to ping it.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • ChrisRiceChrisRice Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They're also probably going to ask stuff along the lines of dealing with irate customers, or problem customers; how to deal with complaints and such..

Also if they ask if you have any questions for them, ask something like 'What do you enjoy about working here?', that tends to go down well.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If they ask you what your greatest weakness is, do not say "i'm a perfectionist"... that's tacky. Like others have said you can search on what interview questions will be. If you know your stuff then you'll be okay.

Just be honest and answer with confidence.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Considering this thread was started over a year ago, I don't think you will be helping him much.

Look at the dates people!
  • duckduckduckduckduckduck Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LucasMN wrote: »
    Considering this thread was started over a year ago, I don't think you will be helping him much.

Look at the dates people!

I was hoping he was some sort of time traveler. It's optimistic, I know, but my positive attitude towards these things has been a great contributor towards my past success.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    jennyfd wrote: »
    You can refer this questions list:
    30. Describe ISO 9001 for Technical support?
    31. What are top 3 knowledge/top 3 skills for Technical support field?
    32. Describe two or three major [COLOR=#009900 !important]trends in your Technical support field?[/COLOR]
    33. What are methods that are used to manage Technical support?
    34. What are common risks for Technical support? And how to face?
    35. Describe steps to manage Technical support activities?
    36. How to measure [COLOR=#009900 !important]performance of Technical support activities?[/COLOR]
    37. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to Technical support field?
    ( Source: Technical support interview questions)

Excellent first post to a 1+ year old thread icon_thumright.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod