ICND1 this morning

Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
Well, I'm leaving shortly to take the exam. I feel prepared, but you never really know for sure until you see the score at the end. Using Odom/Lammle/Bryant plus my home lab for resources. If I don't post back later, you can safely assume I bombed it and am consoling myself with a nice break from all things digital. icon_cool.gif

Either way, happy Friday, folks.

Comments

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck! Let us know how you do!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    925. The exam was fair except for a couple of fairly vague questions that really could have gone a couple of different ways. Still, no complaints here. I'm glad that I spent so much time practicing subnetting--most of the questions involving this were free points, just automatics. Not sure where I went wrong on WLAN's, but I didn't see many questions regarding them.

Breakdown was:
    93% Describe operation of data networks
    89% Implement a small switched network
    100% Ip addressing scheme
    80% Implement small routed network
    67% WLAN admin tasks
    100% Identify security threats
    100% Implement / verify WAN links

Anyway, going to spend some time this afternoon looking at WLAN info, then hit ICND2 material. Can't wait to start labbing ospf/eigrp and delving into acl's. It's really kinda sad, but I love this stuff. I may never work directly with this technology, but I can guarantee you that I intend to keep working with it at home. I'll be like the guy with the ham radio hobby or whatever--it might not be what I do for a living, but I sure plan on enjoying it.

While I'm here, credit where it's due: thank you to the numerous posters on this forum that have taken the time to explain things and post so much info about labs, study materials, subnetting info, etc., etc. I haven't posted much in this forum, but I've gained a HUGE amount of info from searching through this site. Half the google searches on cisco subject matter turned up a thread or two here, so that alone speaks to the wealth of information that's here. Cheers, folks.
  • IEWANNABEIEWANNABE Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! You get a double-whammy today. It's FRIDAY and you passed your exam, what a way to enter the weekend!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • bsonbson Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    I just bought my 1st Cisco book today and have been reading a few of the notes on here for starting on the CCNA route.
    I'll be taking it in two parts as well, best of luck with part 2icon_study.gif
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks, all. Yeah, it's a great way to start the weekend. Already most of the way through the 1st chapter on ICND2, but I'll probably chill out the rest of the day after I get done working out. Time to spend some quality family time.
    bson wrote: »
    Congrats!!
    I just bought my 1st Cisco book today and have been reading a few of the notes on here for starting on the CCNA route.
    I'll be taking it in two parts as well, best of luck with part 2icon_study.gif

Thanks for comments. If you have the cash, I'd recommend picking up Chris Bryant's material as a supplement to whatever you're using. It's pretty down to earth and can be helpful. Also, take some time getting subnetting down. Here's a great site I used to prepare for mine, includes static and variable length subnet masking: Practice Subnet Skills: Summarize a VLSM Network Good luck. :)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats! I went the two exam path as well for whatever reason. Good luck on part 2!! Keep up the same study habits and I'm sure you'll nail it.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi