TestOut Labsim

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
Has anybody used this for the CCENT? I have the CCNA version and the end of module questions seem really difficult compared to the questions in the book I'm using (CCENT For Dummies). I say this as I got 10/10 in my OSI layer chapter in the book and 35% on the same module on Testout! Is this because its the CCNA version or is TestOut just like that? icon_neutral.gif
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Bump!!!
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think too many people have used this resource on here since it's very expensive.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    ahhh fair enough
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    dazl1212 wrote: »
    Has anybody used this for the CCENT? I have the CCNA version and the end of module questions seem really difficult compared to the questions in the book I'm using (CCENT For Dummies). I say this as I got 10/10 in my OSI layer chapter in the book and 35% on the same module on Testout! Is this because its the CCNA version or is TestOut just like that? icon_neutral.gif

It was part of the Network Academy course at my local B&M. Ended up being about $60.00. The material is concise, which I liked, and gave bullet points to sometimes dragged out information in other sources. The tests are very specific to information found within the Labsim subject headings. Your CCENT For Dummies book might be more conceptual in nature like the CBTs as opposed to Labsim which is very detail focused on their lessons.

Hope this helps.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    hows it compare to the boson test exams ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
    alxx wrote: »
    hows it compare to the boson test exams ?

The Labsim tests are testing you on the information they provide you, so if they teach you about 10BaseT then they will test you on 10BaseT. The Boson exam is meant to be more like the acual CCNA exam (although much cleaner). So, the questions are a bit more on applying what you know than just question the details of the subject you just read. Also, boson is modeled more like the CCNA exam with drag and drop, Sims, etc.

• alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Thanks. I've got the boson exams from the Odom books.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
    alxx wrote: »
    Thanks. I've got the boson exams from the Odom books.

Ah, that one is slightly different than the ExamSim Max. Those questions are from the publisher (Cisco Press) of Odom's books. They are different than the ExamSim Max questions (more geared towards Odom's material?). The ExamSim Max is that upgrade they offer with that software.

I think it's all kind of a wash. If you can pass the Odom tests and/or the Labsim with 90-100% I figure you'll do well on the CCNA.

Thanks guys maybe I don't learn so well on vids as I do at reading and doing.