Options

Taking 70-298 for 5th time on wednesday!

kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
A new technique and studying really hard. Pressure is still on as if i fail I cannot achive MCSE (failed 297 5 times and failed 298 4 times icon_sad.gif )

Feeling very nervous but all I can do is give it my all.

Kamikaze_worm
IT Desktop Support Technician
Comptia Exams passed - A+
Microsoft Exams Passed - 270, 290, 291, 620, 293, 294
Qualifications - MCP, MCTS, MCSA
Working towards - MCSE
Currently Studying - 298

Comments

• Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Best of luck!

On a side note, you can get permission from Microsoft if you need to take an exam more than 5 times in a year. I guess this also depends on whoever pays for the exams too!
  • Options
    Budzy wrote: »
    Best of luck!

On a side note, you can get permission from Microsoft if you need to take an exam more than 5 times in a year. I guess this also depends on whoever pays for the exams too!

Can you really, I thought 5 attempts and that was done! How do you go about that (hopefully I wont need to)
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on passing! I hope you nail it this time!
  • Options
    I failed it again icon_sad.gif All my bars were up nearly filled but conceptual design was nearly empty (way down)

at this point with 10 fails of design exams I am going to move on. I have given it my all but its just not meant to be. I am going to have a break and move onto upgrading my mcsa to 2008 in february. Any suggestions for server or enterprise. I know some of you will say its giving up but I see it that design exams are NOT my strongpoint and I need to get back to passing MS exams. Does anyone think I am giving it up?

Also does anyone know if there are design exams in 2008 that will affect my upgrade path? (Please Say No)

Kamikaze_worm
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful again. I've heard in other posts guys suggesting to do 299 first and then do 298, since the content is essentially the same but the formats are different. I can't really speak to the MCITP series haven't started yet.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very sorry to hear that you didn't pass. icon_sad.gif It took me 3 times to pass it, and conceptual design was very low for me on the first two attempts as well. What kind of practice exams were you using? I found Transcender and CBT Nuggets useful in getting me prepared. If you've never tried the Transcender for the 298 and would like to, let me know. I have it and would be happy to give it to you. However, if you decide to go the route of the MCITP, then I wish you the best of luck on that. I'll be starting to prepare for the 70-680 next month. To my knowledge I don't believe there are any design exams in upgrading from a MCSA to MCITP: SA or EA.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!