Options

PC Salvage Technician Position(Contract)

A recruiter from CCCI contacted me after finding my resume on DICE. He told me to come to their office monday at 8:00 A.M. The job is a contract position but could turn into "Long Term" Here are the job specifications below with pay rate

CCCi has a long term contract role for a PC Salvage Technician in LaGrange, GA. The PC Salvage Technician is responsible for warehouse management which includes logging and processing IT Vendor Hardware, as well as, physically loading equipment on and off a 14’ truck and driving to client facilities across the Southeast. The position is a PC Salvage Technician with Southern Company. It is a 6+ months contract with possible extension. Pay starts off at $14.50/HR

Requirements Include:

- Valid Driver License and clean driving history
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Detail oriented with logging miles and equipment
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred.
- Careful attention to detail
- Self-initiative and take direction well
- Some travel and overnight travel required.
Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before

Comments

• Options
    geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
    Does this sound like an scam guys or a fresh start to a good opportunity
    Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I was wondering if you had a question after your initial post. What makes you think it is a scam? A quick Google search show multiple hits for CCCi. They also have a LinkedIn company profile that does not raise any red flags. Same thing for Dice.com.
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    Sounds legit to me. However, I dont believe this will help you get into IT, if thats you intention. Sounds to me like its just another manual labor job that the items just happen to be PC components. Pay does sound good though. What confuses me is why the position is posted on Dice, and why is it a recruiter contacting you. I personally wouldnt take a job from a recrutier. ever...