which video training do you prefer for 662 ?

IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm finishing working on 642 and trying to find out resources for the next certificate which might be 662, I'm trying to take quick tour in Exchange Server 2010 Sp1 first using video training and setting up its lab, after that I will move to cover reading resources with their labs for preparation of the Certificate of 662,

I have to decide between cbt or trainsignal , could you give me your experience on them ?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I had a look at both before starting my studying for this exam, and I have to say that the CBT Nuggets were a better bang for my buck. It really seems like Greg Shields went to a great deal of trouble to squeeze more information into each nugget-video than Peter Bruzzese did for TrainSignal. So far, I'm really liking this CBT Nuggets series, (even though Greg's voice is sometimes a little monotonous,) I really feel like I'm learning a lot. It's been easy enough to follow along with the setups and do my own labbing, which is a huge plus. Generally, I tend to prefer CBT Nuggets over TrainSignal, and this is another case where that preference is warranted for me. Anyway, that's my $0.02 on the subject.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It seems that cbt is using 2010 , but not sp1 , does that will widely differ ?
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It seems that cbt is using 2010 , but not sp1 , does that will widely differ ?

MS focuses on SP1 stuff these days... you are going to want some other resources to fill the gaps. I cannot remember where they are located, but I have a thread somewhere around here with some free online resources provided by Microsoft, specifically targeting SP1.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    As I go through the training, I'm looking up other resources to compensate for the lack of SP1 coverage in the videos. TechNet's page on SP1 is very helpful, and there are lots of blogs and books out there with a ton of good info. Here's what I've been using so far: I also picked up a couple of books to read as I study for the 70-662 and 70-663 exams. I had the chance to peruse through quite a few different books at the local Barnes & Noble before settling on Exchange Server 2010 Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP and Beyond and Microsoft Exchange 2010 Inside & Out. I found that they were pretty straight forward. The first is directed more at passing the exams, and the second is a great reference book.

• IT ExplorerIT Explorer Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanx powerfool , I will make a search here in the forum for your thread.

Slowhand, Thanks a lot for your informative response, I will run into these resources, by the way, r u sure that Exchange Server 2010 Administration: Real World Skills for MCITP and Beyond is focusing on SP1, cos. I stopped on creating managed folders, and confused there on ( page 290, exercise 6.5 ) it says that you can create it using EMC , while MS technet says that it is possible using exchange shell and couldn't be done by the EMC any more, could you clearify this for me ?
    The book does cover SP1, but it's important to keep in mind that the authors of books like these are working from their own experiences and not always to the exact letter of the vendor's best-practices. In my experience, if TechNet (Microsoft) says one thing and the authors of a cert-book say another, then for the purposes of the exam you should probably listen to TechNet's advice. Chances are, it's probably more practical to use EMC in the real world, but Microsoft wants you to know how to use the Exchange shell. (I'm still working my through this material as we speak, so I'll find out for sure when I look at managed folders more closely.)

• Coron2404Coron2404 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The trainer for this course - CBT Nuggets 70-662 Exchange 2010 - Greg Shields is absolutely terrible. He explains nothing at all. He demonstrates nothing at all, and in reality he just talks repeatitiously about absolutely nothing at all. It took me forever to finish this course cause I kept nodding out. I learned extremely little to nothing and wasted more than 7 hours. A complete timesink this one. And I still have no idea what the options in exchange 2010 actually do even on the material he revolved around. Whenever this gem of a trainer ever got to an area of interest, he simply says he is not going to get into it, or doesn't have the environment to set this up, and its all just a cover, he's just a slacker. Errors are blowing up all over the place in his videos and when he runs across them, he says 'oh thats cause another piece isn't configured/added whatever' than never goes into the config. Hey Pal, thats what your PAID to do, so explain this to me! Your systems will be inked in red if you use this course even as a starter. Just about the point after he sticks the install disk in the drive and clicks next next finish is right about the spot that he looses his understanding of the topics. So then he just reads the explanations on the gui interfacce to you for the rest of the video. And there really is not much to any/all of the exchange products (i go back to 5.0). You can learn just as much as Greg Shields will teach you by simply opening up the exchange management interface and looking at it for 10 minutes. I love the CBT Nugget training videos but I will not ever buy anything taught by trainer Greg Shields. Avoid CBT Nuggets 70-662!