Net+ questions

David1981David1981 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. This is my 1st post and I have been doing a TON of reading. I'm currently studying for my A+ and Network+ exams to start my career move into IT professionally.

I had a question about this topic and I apologize in advance if the answer is readily available - I couldn't find a clear answer so I wanted to ask here.

When the new Network+ comes out, say summer of next year, and I take the current test somewhere around the 1st of the year, will the certification still be valid for 3 years? Will it be considered an 'old' and 'expired' certification and not up to standards of the new one?

I am starting from the beginning but am excited to get going.. I appreciate any information!!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    David1981 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. This is my 1st post and I have been doing a TON of reading. I'm currently studying for my A+ and Network+ exams to start my career move into IT professionally.

I had a question about this topic and I apologize in advance if the answer is readily available - I couldn't find a clear answer so I wanted to ask here.

When the new Network+ comes out, say summer of next year, and I take the current test somewhere around the 1st of the year, will the certification still be valid for 3 years? Will it be considered an 'old' and 'expired' certification and not up to standards of the new one?

I am starting from the beginning but am excited to get going.. I appreciate any information!!

First,
    Please begin your own thread when you have a question. Otherwise many will miss your question not knowing it exists as it will appear to be a comment to another posters question.

Second, the new net+ will begin next month. There is a transition period so you may take either the current exam or the new one.

Expiration is three years from when you take your exam. Not much to say other than that. You are current until the certification expires in three years.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • David1981David1981 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    First,
    Please begin your own thread when you have a question. Otherwise many will miss your question not knowing it exists as it will appear to be a comment to another posters question.

Second, the new net+ will begin next month. There is a transition period so you may take either the current exam or the new one.

Expiration is three years from when you take your exam. Not much to say other than that. You are current until the certification expires in three years.

Thank you very much for the information.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forum.

Just to add a little on 'old' and 'expired'. Hiring managers usually only care if you have the certification as long as it's valid and are rarely interested in the version. As Plantwiz mentioned, each of the versions are valid for three years after you take it.

Good luck,

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • David1981David1981 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Darril! Exactly what I was hoping to hear.