Options

Job Opportunity Gone, Should I reply?

Recently, I had multiple job interviews with 3 different people at the company. It was very very close to getting the job offer. Spent 1 month interviewing with this company. Today, I finally receive an email telling me I am no longer considered for the position. It was me against another candidate. Should I reply back and thank them for their time and consideration? Should I write 1-2 sentences? or ignore them and move forward? This is a great company though.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would thank them for considering you for the position and if another position would open you would like the opportunity to interview for the position again.

"Any consideration would be greatly appreciated"
  • Options
    baseball1988baseball1988 Member Posts: 119
    Thanks for the reply.

I will e-mail them back in a few hours. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed...I should have delayed the last interview to prepare for the technical questions....I am employed and have nothing to lose right now.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would reply and thank them anyways. You never know if the person they chose ends up being a bonehead and they end up calling you back.
  • Options
    Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
    definitely reply back thanking them for the opportunity.
  • Options
    baseball1988baseball1988 Member Posts: 119
    All of you are right! I should email back and thank them for the consideration.
  • Options
    badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    Even if you are not selected for a position, it is a sign of professionalism to thank them for considering you, and politely ask that should any future opportunities arise to consider you.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it depends...what its a generic automated email? if so, i wouldnt even bother.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)