Options

How long did it take?

BacsiloveBacsilove Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm in the process of studying for my Network+ and I was curious as to long did it took some of you to get this certification.

I have absolutely no network background/experience what so ever, so I'm guessing it'll be a pretty long and challenging process for me. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bacsilove wrote: »
    I'm in the process of studying for my Network+ and I was curious as to long did it took some of you to get this certification.

I have absolutely no network background/experience what so ever, so I'm guessing it'll be a pretty long and challenging process for me. icon_sad.gif

I don't think so. I think you will be fine. It's an entry level certification that gives good awareness to the networking world. I'd day 1-2 months and you would be ready to take the exam. Of course this is contingent on your study habits.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I'm not sure how much time you're studying, but it is possible to get this certification within 30 to 45 days. You need to have good study resources, Internet access to look up topics you don't understand, and be able to spend at least a couple of hours studying a day.

Good luck,

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day
  • Options
    beingcertifiedbeingcertified Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bacsilove wrote: »

It took me 14 days. I studied Darril's book and UCertify's practice questions and it worked like a charm. November 2nd I had just taken and passed Security Plus, so I wasn't really resting in between certs.. Good luck! Vanessa
  • Options
    mctwistmctwist Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    About 5 years, if you count the time since I bought the Network+ 2005 book, and read all of 2 chapters.

But seriously, last year it took me about 8 weeks of not too much intensive study. Probably spend about 10-15 hours/week to study.
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am about to start studying as well when my book arrives tomorrow. I plan on setting a date in the first week of February or late January to take the test. I figure December and January should give me enough time to study the material. I would suggest setting a date so you are forced to get serious with studying the material. Good luck!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forum sixtyten. Excellent advice on setting a date. Good luck to you, too.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day