Options

Quick question.

stingsting Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, guys, my first post here. I'm a recent college graduate, hopeully getting my A+ soon. I have a second exam set up in three weeks, i think i'll pass it, i'm confident so far. The thing is i want to apply for position that requres A+ sertification...and i don't have it yet...My question is this..
can i lie? icon_confused.gif do employters usually require proof of your A+ sertification? can I say that I allready have it and then get it after the test.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I definately wouldn't lie about it. In 90% of cases, employers will take your word on A+, but there are the few that do want you to publish your certification to them, or ask for your CompTIA card. Not to mention, should you ever let it slip that you lied, your employer's confidence in you will drop through the basement.

My advice: be honest, let them know you've got the test scheduled, and that you're confident you'll pass. A+ level jobs are usually not so mission-critical that they'd flat-out turn you away if you don't have it, as long as you have the knowledge to do the work. They'll either hire you on a probationary status until you get A+, or tell you that you'll get it as soon as you pass. (Or they could give it to someone who already is A+ certified, but those are the breaks.) Definately, though, it's not going to bode well if you start out a job, potentially a career, on a lie.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    stingsting Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    I definately wouldn't lie about it. In 90% of cases, employers will take your word on A+, but there are the few that do want you to publish your certification to them, or ask for your CompTIA card. Not to mention, should you ever let it slip that you lied, your employer's confidence in you will drop through the basement.

My advice: be honest, let them know you've got the test scheduled, and that you're confident you'll pass. A+ level jobs are usually not so mission-critical that they'd flat-out turn you away if you don't have it, as long as you have the knowledge to do the work. They'll either hire you on a probationary status until you get A+, or tell you that you'll get it as soon as you pass. (Or they could give it to someone who already is A+ certified, but those are the breaks.) Definately, though, it's not going to bode well if you start out a job, potentially a career, on a lie.
    Thanks a lot, Slowhand. You are 100% correct. I'll just wait.