Options

Salesforce.com - Job Interview

CamtheChampCamtheChamp Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have a job interview for a small business this week and the job consists of taking over the responsibilities for salesforce.com and customizing the environment to fit the business needs. I previously haven't been considering this as a possible job option but I applied to one randomly and I now have an interview. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with salesforce.com and knows whether this skill set would be very marketable with my long term goal of becoming an IT Business Analyst. I would be taking a small pay cut for my base pay but this job has commissions and great potential for growth compared to zero potential for growth at my current job. This company is also entering the US market for the first time, they are a decent sized company in South America.

My background:
B.S. in Marketing
About to finish my MBA

Certs:
A+
Security+
Network+
MCTS (70-680)

Work Experience:
3.5 years of deskside support

I am still young at 22 so I am willing to take a significant risk to get my career moving forward. Any info or suggestions you have would be great.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hi All,

I have a job interview for a small business this week and the job consists of taking over the responsibilities for salesforce.com and customizing the environment to fit the business needs. I previously haven't been considering this as a possible job option but I applied to one randomly and I now have an interview. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with salesforce.com and knows whether this skill set would be very marketable with my long term goal of becoming an IT Business Analyst. I would be taking a small pay cut for my base pay but this job has commissions and great potential for growth compared to zero potential for growth at my current job. This company is also entering the US market for the first time, they are a decent sized company in South America.

My background:
    B.S. in Marketing
    About to finish my MBA

Certs:
    A+
    Security+
    Network+
    MCTS (70-680)

Work Experience:
    3.5 years of deskside support

I am still young at 22 so I am willing to take a significant risk to get my career moving forward. Any info or suggestions you have would be great.

I ran some financials on the Salesforce and found there GPM to be around 80%

SaaS was 43.2
    Netsuite 68.0
    MS 77.72
    CA 82

Mean is 70% so 10% higher than their competitors.

I noticed there cashflow ratio is well below 1.00 at .25. They aren't very liquid according to their financial statements from Jan 31st 2011. They seem to be leveraged quite a bit.

***I am not a financial analyst, but I do run these ratios on our operations to verify the health of the service.

***My apologizes for not answering your question, but you being a business major I figured you would like to see some of the financials.