Passed VCP4

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally after almost a year since I took the class, I have passed the exam, I failed by a slim margin on my first attempt. The test is pretty challenging, I had the most trouble with things I don't work with everyday, for instance all my environments use NFS, so I don't have alot of hands on with ISCSI and FC, one frustration for me is some of the questions being on very obscure things, and several questions that seemed to have two correct answers, but I guess these complaints are no different than the ones I had from Microsoft's tests.

I am hopefully going to be taking the CCNA bootcamp in Jan or Feb, and also I will be concentrating on upgrading my MCSE in 2012, I'll need to slip in 40 CPE's some where and hopefully some Netapp study.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Great news. Congrats!

Can you share your study resources?
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    transcender, exam blue print, exam cram, mastering vsphere 4, train signal videos, vmworld 2011, and heavy hands on this year.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats. Planning on passing VCP5 exam by end of Feb?
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Excellent!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    Congrats. Planning on passing VCP5 exam by end of Feb?

Yes I am going to try and complete version 5 by the end of Feb, Its gonna be really hard because Im so busy right now, but I really don't want to spend close to the 2K its gonna be with travel to do the whats new course.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□