exam retirement

vexvex Member Posts: 113
Is there a page somewhere that show when exams are scheduled for retirement?

How long will 70-215 be valid?

I have been given all the course books for Win2K from someone who took the courses. I am wondering if I should do the Win2K test or invest in the 2003 books.

Cheers
Ancient Certs:
Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    There is no date set to retire 215 currently. M$ will give at least a year notice or so, before an exam is retired. I'd say, if you have the book, use it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, i'm working on my MCSE for 2000 and then the upgrade exams. I've seen quite a few job posts that still ask for 2000. It will make my resume look good!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think they will retire the 2k exams anytime soon. The company I work for still has Win 95 clients. It's expensive to upgrade and a lot of places have older clients than you may think.
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had heard somewhere that they wouldn't retire the 2k or 2k3 exams until at least 2010, so that gives you some time :).

I can't find any official info, but I'm sure that it helps. I think with MS certs, it seems fair that you should only have to take upgrade exams every few generations.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber