Wilmington University vs. Capitol College

coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have a friend who is looking at these two schools for obtaining his MSIA. Does anyone here have any good/bad information about these schools and their MSIA programs?
"Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"

Comments

• xirtlookxirtlook Member Posts: 124
    I'm friends with teachers/students at both schools. I am familiar with them both.

My vote, is Capitol College seems to be the better choice, if money isn't an issue.

Both schools are nice. at the Bachelors/Master's level of Information Assurance... its alot of "fluff",

Mostly theory, research, and paper writing. Not much hands on that you could get at an associate level at a community college.

I myself am going to transfer to Capitol College. It's closer to me (Baltimore), than Wilmington.

But like I said, you will probably get about the same from either school. It's more about preference, and cost.
    nerd power.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Xirtlook, thanks for the reply. I think he is leaning towards Capitol.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • CiscoKiddCiscoKidd Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    coffeeluvr wrote: »
    I have a friend who is looking at these two schools for obtaining his MSIA. Does anyone here have any good/bad information about these schools and their MSIA programs?

I will admit my post will be bias as I am a Capitol College alum (c/0 2010) and I thought the school had an excellent program. I really liked the live classes as I didn't feel as big of a disconnect as I did when I attended UMUC. I thought the instructors were excellent and a lot of them had like 15 - 20 yrs experience so they knew what they were talking about. I really felt I got a lot out of the MSIA program. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to preference but what had me excited about the program like I said earlier were the live classes and the fact if I had a question, I could ask it right there.