Whats your twitter: Looking to build tech contacts

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

This is not a "Do you love it or hate it" thread. Ive never had any interest in twitter at all until i recently witnessed how an JNCIE colleague uses it for technical and business networking, and i have to say, i was very impressed. So im looking to do the same! i want to build a solid list of tech contacts for networking purposes.

So guys, come on, tell me your twitter ID and show me the love! :D

mine is: @networkrunt

feel free to add me.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• wrwarwickwrwarwick Member Posts: 104
    @wrwarwick - It'd be neat to get a nice tech exams twitter network going. Great idea.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mine is listed in my contact info (prefer not to openly publish it). I'll add you guys when I get home tonight.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Mine is listed in my contact info (prefer not to openly publish it).

I have it this way as well. Great idea, having a group of TE members.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pm me for mine :)
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Huh, I guess my days of avoiding twitter may be forced to stop, I thought having a Facebook account was bad enough. If you guys get a TE group going on twitter let me know, I guess I'll finally create my twitter account and join.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Lizano wrote: »
    Huh, I guess my days of avoiding twitter may be forced to stop, I thought having a Facebook account was bad enough. If you guys get a TE group going on twitter let me know, I guess I'll finally create my twitter account and join.

I actually use Twitter to keep up with things while only logging into Facebook when I get annoyed with all the "you have new notifications" emails. I find Twitter a lot less intrusive and feel they invade my privacy a tad less (granted that may be a false sense).
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You know, we really should do a single thread where we list our profiles everywhere. We've already had the Facebook thread, the LinkedIn thread, the Google+ thread. Having all in one place would save time.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    You know, we really should do a single thread where we list our profiles everywhere. We've already had the Facebook thread, the LinkedIn thread, the Google+ thread. Having all in one place would save time.

Such as: TechExams Members Social Networking Listing icon_thumright.gif
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Social networking, here? Perish the thought. . . icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    @mstechpages

I find it funny that IT geeks don't like social networking. Not sure if it's the "social" part or the new part of it. Could be that they follow the "I hate it because it's trendy" thought process. I use a lot of them. I've met some amazing people on Facebook, G+, Twitter and even MySpace back in the day. I've expanded my professional network because of it. I've got more company contacts, insiders, tipsters, etc. because of it. Yea, there is a lot of kids on there that ruin an experience pretty damn fast, but the majority of the time if you use it professionally, you'll get it back out of it.