Options

Question about texts

FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
well i am still in college and have been reading meyes 7th edition A+ book. i am worried now however that i will have to restudy everything over again for this new exam. is that true? or will it just have win7 stuff added to it?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    pruspeter wrote: »
    Well I am still in college and have been reading Meyers 7th edition A+ book. I am worried now however that I will have to restudy everything over again for this new exam. Is that true? Or will it just have win7 stuff added to it?

I cannot recall a time when I 'wasted' my time learning something new. Or simply reviewing information I 'think' I already know. The information generally builds upon itself and this includes IT information. You may never manually set the dip switches on a modem, but 'knowing' that it was done at one time may help you troubleshoot a problem in the field others overlook.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    so a new book would not be necassary. other than one covering win7
  • Options
    Selecting the texts one uses to prep for an exam depends on how well the individual understands the objectives.

When it comes to trying to conserve funds, many will search out white papers and such on topics and read those. Others will seek out a mentor while they are gaining experience and find a quick text review is all that is needed because they were able to obtain enough exposure to different hardware/software from experience.

So, for some people, one text might be enough. I always recommend at least two sources. However, A+ for someone with experience (and real experience not a mere board swapper) generally is sufficient when they follow the objectives.

I am splitting your posts from this thread. Please begin your own thread for your own personal questions otherwise they may be missed since people generally are responding to the OP's question.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    so with the new test coming out would it be better to just wait and take the new tests? or can i take the essentials part this month and take the practical part when win7 is added? would that still make me A+ certified
  • Options
    There is overlap between the new and old exam versions. So long as you take and pass the exams while they are offered, you may take either set. Nevertheless, you must complete both old or both new sections, you may not mix one old with one new.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just make sure no matter what direction you head, to include a few types of learning. A book or two, Q&A, lab time, users groups, video and experience. When you combine learning styles and methods you not only improve your chances on the exam but it helps bridge what you are learning to the real world. I find the overwhelming majority of people who don't do well on exams focused too much on one method of learning.
    -Daniel