Controller t1 0/0/1 stays down even if PRI comes up

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
In one of my 2911's I have a VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 that terminates two pri circuit. s0/0/0:23 and s0/0/1:23 are in a trunk group. I've noticed that if the PRI flaps/bounces and comes back up, controller 0/0/1 and serial 0/0/1 stay down. Controller 0/0/0 and serial 0/0/0 always come back up. I have to restart the gateway everytime for 0/0/1 to come up. Thoughts? Interface config is below.
interface Serial0/0/1:23
 description ***PRI***
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn map address . plan unknown type unknown
 isdn supp-service name calling
 isdn outgoing ie facility 
 no isdn outgoing display-ie
 trunk-group PRI-01
 no cdp enable
end

Comments

• sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    are you using MGCP or H.323 for signalling protocol. what's the trunk-group PRI-01 used for? are all your PRIs in the trunk group?
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    sieff wrote: »
    are you using MGCP or H.323 for signalling protocol. what's the trunk-group PRI-01 used for? are all your PRIs in the trunk group?

H.323. 0/0/0 and 0/0/1 are in trunk group pri-01 but 0/0/1 is the only one that is affected. 0/0/0 always comes back up after the pri bounces.
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    I would start back with the basics.. remove the trunk group, setup each interface separately and see if the they take hits and restore. Is this production? if so.. nvm lol
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    are you seeing just the Serial0/0/1:23 down? what if you show controllers t1 - do you see the controller down itself? or just the interface?
    drkat wrote: »
    are you seeing just the Serial0/0/1:23 down? what if you show controllers t1 - do you see the controller down itself? or just the interface?

Both are down. s0/0/1:23 shows down down and contr t1 shows loss of signal.
    got a loopback kit ? if not, make one and test the port itself.
    tokhss wrote: »
    got a loopback kit ? if not, make one and test the port itself.

That was the first thing I did, port is fine. This only happens when it loses connectivity to the pri.
    well thats a bit odd.. LOS on the controller is simply that.. no signal detected, be it physically near end or far end. You port goes amber/orange right? I have never worked on a pri trunk.. so im curious to know what happens when the trunk is deleted and you test this out on a controller by controller basis.

edit: meant to say trunk, not group lol

ok, so i just checked what a trunk group was in this case... it appears your just logically grouping your controllers. If you have to reboot your router for this to start working again, then i have a feeling you have a physical fault somewhere. if 2 controllers are grouped together and the trunk flaps, as a result of a controller going down, then the problem is just that.. the controller that remained down until a hardware reset is faulty.

but hey.. its just my quick thought for ya.
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    i've configured up to 8 PRI's on a 3800 before and never considered using a PRI trunk group. it's interesting, is there a reason for this configuration? i'd only ever tried trunk configurations for analog lines.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    I'd suspect maybe a software - break the TG up and re-test.
    sieff wrote: »
    i've configured up to 8 PRI's on a 3800 before and never considered using a PRI trunk group. it's interesting, is there a reason for this configuration? i'd only ever tried trunk configurations for analog lines.

Logically manage multiple physical interfaces as one. If you had to have 10 dial-peers for each of your 8 pri's, you'd have to configure 80 dial peers. With a trunk group, you can apply those 10 dial-peers to all 8 pri's at the same time.
    Im curious, did you figure this out yet?
    tokhss wrote: »
    Im curious, did you figure this out yet?

Not yet, the pri hasnt bounced so the controller is still up.
    I'm bringing this back up because the problem is still happening. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the provider equipment which is an adtran 908e and terminates the two pri's from the demarc.

This is how it is configured:

two pri circuits multilinked ----> (int 1 and 2) adtran 908e (int 3 and 4) ----> (int s0/0/0 and s0/0/1) cisco 2901

Below is the voice relevant commands of my config. Am I missing something?
    card type t1 0 0
    network-clock-participate wic 0 
    network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

isdn switch-type primary-ni

trunk group PRI-01
     hunt-scheme sequential both down

voice-card 0

voice rtp send-recv

voice service voip
     allow-connections h323 to h323
     allow-connections h323 to sip
     allow-connections sip to h323