Options

SUS - does this play a part ?

gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
have just booked my 291 exam today, for dec 12th. Have been working on this for 3 months now.

I came across SUS in the 290 exam, so it's not new, but am confused whether it will come up in this one. Does anyone know ?

In the MS-Press book, there is less than half a page on SUS, a passing reference. In the EC2 book there is about 6 pages, and in the Transcender tests there are 21 questions which involve SUS.

I may have heard people doing simulators on SUS in the 291 exam as well, any truth in this ?

tnx.

Comments

• Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    People i have spoke 2 have all recommended that i study up on SUS as there are quite a few questions regarding it that may come up!So would be fairly competent with it!! Sitting it soon myself. CAn i ask u wot u used to study for DNS as this i9s the area thats worrying me!! :)

ps have also heard of an SUS sim in the exam im sure!!
  • Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have sat the exam twice and both times had Q's on it, both times 3 Q's like which group policy snap in do you use to configure SUS, that type of thing
  • Options
    gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Ally and Spudnik

will take your advice on SUS, I'll make sure I know the registry keys as well.

I've just got down the latestest Transcender tests which now have 6 simulators in them which are identical to the sims that Microsoft use in terms of software, identical desktops etc, and one of those practice sims is a SUS one.

For DNS, MS-Press and EC2, also the TomKitta notes, which are summaries but real good for starting you off for some more detailed learning. I've only just started looking at the Transcender tests but they have good way of explaining things. I've got no fears about DNS. IPSec, RAS policies and Kerberos are a bit different though.