Options

MPLS-TE FEC paths

burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
How can I setup different MPLS TE tunnels which get chosen based on traffic type? Say I have 1 tunnel that allots 32kbps for voice calls, but then another tunnel that alots 1024kbps for database syncs.

Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You can do class based forwarding for different exp values. Not sure about traffic type per se though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Well what I was looking into was some sort of constraint based routing for my WAN connections. I have multiple connection points to my MPLS cloud at differing speeds. I didn't want to let the IGP load balance between unequal paths. I also did not want to use PBR, it just feels too static. So I thought MPLS-TE might be something to look into. But then I stumbled upon PfR. PfR seems to be exactly what I need to look into.

I've heard PfR only in passing, it doesn't seem to be highly publicized.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    concerning mpls te you would use as mentioned the exp bits and assign them to te tunnels. the te tunnels themselves can be then put on loose or strict paths based on your requirements. added with that it is recommended to use rsvp to make sure that the bandwidth on the path is available.

using pfr maybe an option. I haven't seen anything related to it being used in te but that doesn't mean it can't be
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons