Oscp

13»

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the info in this thread. I don't know how the future will go, I've been studying for the GCIH but I dont think im going to take the exam, while I would love to have my first SANS cert, its just too cost prohibitive (I won the course so I didnt have to pay for it). I hope to do a well written review of it soon. In any case, I'm going to focus on saving money for the rest of my military commitment, and hopefully taking a real vacation, a cruise or visiting a country/new state.

On the infosec side, I dont know if im going to go o college, I just havent found a perfect fit yet, a school that offers classes online, no SAT/ACT requirement, paid for by TA and has (entry level)programming classes and decent reviews. AMU seems to be the best fit, i'll keep my eyes on it.

For certs, i'm going to hold off, I have a few years before I can get any security experience if my current situation is any indication, so there is no use wasting the money now. If I do do one next year, im thinking OSCP. MAYBE if I can do that then my last year in i'll look at the OSCE or GPEN. Then into the real world
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think we should start a new tread for everyone who's going to attempt the OSCP soon. I'm starting this course in the beginning of Jan.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I wanted to do the 90 day OSCP in Jan. 2012 as well.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    ibcritn wrote: »
    I wanted to do the 90 day OSCP in Jan. 2012 as well.

Looks like I should be resuming my OSCP studies by Jan 2012 as well. Study group anyone? Let's create a different thread so we can start bouncing ideas off each other!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    ipchain wrote: »
    Looks like I should be resuming my OSCP studies by Jan 2012 as well. Study group anyone? Let's create a different thread so we can start bouncing ideas off each other!

Sounds like a great idea! I know R2Shadow will be doing it in Jan. and between those participating we can really pull our knowledge and resources to make for a better learning environment.

If you create the link, just post here and I will join the thread.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Here is the link to the new thread.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.