Options

Oh no, what have i done! :)

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
well i made the mistake in purchasing odoms book for the R&S track as something to read whilst i finish my Masters dissertation...could of been a big mistake :D. The material is so interesting and im dying to start on it to be honest! Think i'll invest in the INE materials next year money permitting.

First things first...finish my dissertation for my degree and get my post grad education completed! then 2012 could be the year i start the IE! I can only feel for the network world if someone like me achieves this :D. If i could complete the written exam by the end of that year i would be quite happy!

....so wait for my post guys! haha.

And to all of the people on the boards, thank you so much for the inspiration, which is the main reason for posting this!
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Knock that masters out so you can get to the fun stuff! Good luck :)
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    If you are close to finishing the masters then by all means finish it and move on to bigger and better. When I was working on my MS I spent about 30minutes a day continuing on in my other studies and about 2hrs towards the academic work. Balance my friend... its all about balance!

Good luck and keep us posted!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »
    If you are close to finishing the masters then by all means finish it and move on to bigger and better. When I was working on my MS I spent about 30minutes a day continuing on in my other studies and about 2hrs towards the academic work. Balance my friend... its all about balance!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Good point man! balance is not something i do well at times! you have a good point though. I have until about april/may to finish it and submit but want the bulk done way before that. This way i can go full pelt of the written studies and get some decent labbing down to nail the theory. Ive started abit strangely and begun with the MPLS chapter first just out of curiosity and for work purposes. Good read so far! cant wait to start playing with it all.

Thankfully for my dissertation i can include some work based projects, so i just have to nail the theory and arguments in and then do some programming too. My dissertation is going to be huge but its great motivation to try and finish it when i have some interesting stuff to get cracking on with!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking