Inverse ARP in Packet tracer 5.3.0.0088

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, i've just started learning about Frame relay and enjoying it. The config is interested but I would like to disable no inverse arp but PT doesn't appear to support this. It's a pain because I tried experimenting with a fully meshed network running RIPv1 and then watching the routes vanish out of the routing table as I removed a frame map statement. However although it looked like it was working, suddenly Inverse ARP popped up and remapped the map I had taken down and it was now showing up as "dynamic" when I ran the show frame-relay map command
Is there anyway to circumvent inverse arp as I find its getting in the way of experimentation?

Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy the real equipment, nor the space. PT has served me quite well (apart from STP,portfast) up till now.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can always try dynamips/gns3
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get a copy of dynamips going and configure your own frame relay switch. Once you've done that you will be able to do whatever you want regarding frame-relay.