Globalization, Localizaton has any one wrapped there heads around this concept??

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I've been at it for about 2 weeks. I got the idea that when a number comes in you globalize it to a E.164 number then localize it so a user will understand it, and you create transformation patterns in a separate CSS, but is there more to it. I'm still like its something I"m missing about it???
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I kinda ran across it in the SRND guide but not in my studies yet and I'm in the same boat as you lol. My eyes glazed over as I was trying to get through the material but I think that was more the dryness of SRND material itself.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats the jest of it.. seems easy but actually putting it in can be complicated.. remember order of operations and the flow of the digits through CUCM.. and also ive found having to bounce the cm service before the system would actually use the transformation patterns..
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    in real world experience, i've never came across it.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I forgot to add if I take a job that I've been offered I will be globalizing there dial plan. They have offices in the US, UK, and China so this topic is taking more intrest as this job takes shape.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related