Options

Passed ICND1

GeneraljoeGeneraljoe Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just now gotten around to making an account, but a thanks is in order to all of you on this forum. I lurked around these forums, and a lot of the concepts i was struggling with, were explained in previous threads. Although i never asked anything directly, you guys helped me a lot.

I passed the CCENT with a 948

Thank you all again.

Comments

• Options
    CbrandonBCbrandonB Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats!!!

What did you use to prepare for it? What was the most helpful?

I'm planning on taking ICND1 at the end of January. :)

Brandon
  • Options
    ashikzashikz Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratz ..

was this your first time ?
  • Options
    Moki99Moki99 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I hope to meet you there.

My CCENT test is tomarrow. I am really nervous. I read Wendell Odoms book and did the questions behind each chapter. I watched CBT Nuggets for ICND1. I can do IP/Static/RIP/DHCP/Security configurations very quickly in packet tracer. I am pretty fast with most subnetting questions but some may stump me for 1 minute. I still fail the Boson exam occasionally. I am not sure if I am ready. Today I will practice subnetting some more and but other than that I don't know what else to do.
  • Options
    cisco_macisco_ma Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you!

I plan on taking the CCENT exam on Monday and anticipate a long weekend of studying. I also completed the ICND1 course, which gave me a good understanding of concepts, but I need to spend a lot of time working on labs...
  • Options
    GeneraljoeGeneraljoe Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks again!!

yes it was my first try

i would suggest you know your WAN, WLAN, Subnetting, and Show commands(defiantly know what they show and what that tells you about the configuration of your device)
  • Options
    cisco_macisco_ma Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Moki99 wrote: »
    Congrats man, I hope to meet you there.

My CCENT test is tomarrow. I am really nervous. I read Wendell Odoms book and did the questions behind each chapter. I watched CBT Nuggets for ICND1. I can do IP/Static/RIP/DHCP/Security configurations very quickly in packet tracer. I am pretty fast with most subnetting questions but some may stump me for 1 minute. I still fail the Boson exam occasionally. I am not sure if I am ready. Today I will practice subnetting some more and but other than that I don't know what else to do.

Moki99--How was your test today? I'm taking on Monday and hoping to join the CCENT ranks!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63