Result Indication?

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
I've noticed that, individuals are receiving surveys and later, majority receive passing results. Unfortunately, I came up short by 1 point but I never received a survey. Could this be a indication?
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    I've noticed that, individuals are receiving surveys and later, majority receive passing results. Unfortunately, I came up short by 1 point but I never received a survey. Could this be a indication?

Did you come up short by 1 point during your first or second attempt? Also, did you go for a re-take on Nov 19th in FLL? I received a survey last Wednesday, but I have not gotten my results yet. I wouldn't correlate the receipt of surveys to passing grades, though.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    ipchain wrote: »
    Did you come up short by 1 point during your first or second attempt? Also, did you go for a re-take on Nov 19th in FLL? I received a survey last Wednesday, but I have not gotten my results yet. I wouldn't correlate the receipt of surveys to passing grades, though.

On the 1st attempt, I was going to take it in November but I changed my mind, I want to take my time and make sure I score well beyond the 700 mark. I'm testing again in March.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    On the 1st attempt, I was going to take it in November but I changed my mind, I want to take my time and make sure I score well beyond the 700 mark. I'm testing again in March.

Wow, you were real close on your first attempt. Use the extra time wisely as it is one hell of an exam, but I don't need to tell you that. I've read stories about people not receiving the survey and still passing, that is why I seriously doubt there is any correlation between surveys and passing grades.

Best of luck in March, I may be in the same room if I didn't get it this time around.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • WutWut Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I never receive any survey and pass the exam.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    This possible association between passing and receiving an email survey has been brought up on other threads and has been dismissed as coincidence. The survey applies equally to those who pass or fail. You would think that candidates who fail would receive additional emails about (ISC)2 exam prep materials.

Within the (ISC)2 organization, it is likely the exam department and the sales department are firewalled. Sales would only know who has signed up for an exam and has passed/failed when that information has been made public (i.e., results have sent to the exam candidate). I'm just guessing at this, but it seems to be the most professional thing to do.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I'm just guessing at this, but it seems to be the most professional thing to do.

Not to mention the most ethical, which I would certainly hope ISC(2) would adhere to.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi