Options

Passed ICND2 Today!

luisYmeluisYme Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
i feel like i'm drunk i'm so happy! :D

so i passed 640-816 this morning (900 score). the test was pretty challenging even though i did well. a word of advice on the simulations, be as methodical as you possibly can when troubleshooting. the diagrams can be big with lots of details, and it's easy to jump around and get lost in your head. write down everything you eliminate as a cause of the problem - this helped me out a lot! (i know, time is short, but do your best)

there were a few questions which never came up in the cisco books or videos. perhaps that's the "experience" factor they test you on - stuff found only on the job?

how i prepared:
  1. again, i used the cisco press books (used them for ccent last summer). it's funny how all of the books are so different - lammle is a bit more fun to read, but the cisco books just seem to have more details.
  2. my lab - i have some old hardware (i know) but the hands-on experience is just great (gns3 just gave me too many problems and i would second guess myself - is it me or gns3 causing the problem). i now have 3 x 2611s and 2 x 3550 smi's.
  3. instruction - this really makes a difference - when someone explains a difficult topic i find i save a ton of time. then i go back and read the book again and it all makes better sense. bosscbt.tv is the best!
  4. techexams.net!!! really, thanks to everyone for posting great stuff. i hope to contribute even more now with my new knowledge icon_cool.gif
feel free to hit me up with any questions.

next up for me is probably ccnp after the holidays.

good luck to everyone!

-l

Comments

• Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congratulations!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats luisYme! Way to go! I will check out the bosscbt.tv. Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    luisYme wrote: »
    i feel like i'm drunk i'm so happy! :D

so i passed 640-816 this morning (900 score). the test was pretty challenging even though i did well. a word of advice on the simulations, be as methodical as you possibly can when troubleshooting. the diagrams can be big with lots of details, and it's easy to jump around and get lost in your head. write down everything you eliminate as a cause of the problem - this helped me out a lot! (i know, time is short, but do your best)

there were a few questions which never came up in the cisco books or videos. perhaps that's the "experience" factor they test you on - stuff found only on the job?

how i prepared:
    1. again, i used the cisco press books (used them for ccent last summer). it's funny how all of the books are so different - lammle is a bit more fun to read, but the cisco books just seem to have more details.
    2. my lab - i have some old hardware (i know) but the hands-on experience is just great (gns3 just gave me too many problems and i would second guess myself - is it me or gns3 causing the problem). i now have 3 x 2611s and 2 x 3550 smi's.
    3. instruction - this really makes a difference - when someone explains a difficult topic i find i save a ton of time. then i go back and read the book again and it all makes better sense. bosscbt.tv is the best!
    4. techexams.net!!! really, thanks to everyone for posting great stuff. i hope to contribute even more now with my new knowledge icon_cool.gif
    feel free to hit me up with any questions.

next up for me is probably ccnp after the holidays.

good luck to everyone!

-l
    Congrats my friend. Im getting ready to do another go at it myself. Using CBT nuggets, PAcket Tracer and later boson tests. I've teaken it twice years ago, got 707 the first time and 809 the second. Used Todd Lammles book the second time. Well I think I will go the two test route this time. Hope to take it around the end of Jan 2012.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167