Can I verify someone's Cisco Certificate?

SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
Hey guys, If I have someone's CSCO number can I verify their credentials? (I think I can but I can't seem to find out how icon_sad.gif )
My Networking blog
Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS

Comments

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    not sure if this works since my CSCO number isn't doing anything
    http://www.ciscocertificates.com/verify.cfm
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • cxzar20cxzar20 Member Posts: 168
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Hey guys, If I have someone's CSCO number can I verify their credentials? (I think I can but I can't seem to find out how icon_sad.gif )
    I don't believe so, I think you need the certificate verification number that is listed.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can have them publish their credential through the Cisco Certification Tracker that they will have access to if they are legitimately certified by Cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    You can have them publish their credential through the Cisco Certification Tracker that they will have access to if they are legitimately certified by Cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login

That's the only thing I can think of... I was hoping finding a way without approaching this individual.. O well.
    My Networking blog
    I see where you are going with this. I too wish I could do the same. You know, if you are in a management position you can just make it a policy that credentials must be verified annually, or something similar.
    Well it probably wouldn't due me too much good anyway.. I found a CCNP that could not fix a duplex mis-match crash.gif

(Nor understood how I knew to fix it icon_confused.gif: )
    My Networking blog
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you have a partner status get him to apply to help your partner credentials ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's the only thing I can think of... I was hoping finding a way without approaching this individual.. O well.

I know years ago it was often easy to verify credentials. But many privacy concerns have been raised over the past 10 years and they pretty much locked all of that down. Same with Microsoft and CompTIA. Just makes it easier for liars to get away with it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Well it probably wouldn't due me too much good anyway.. I found a CCNP that could not fix a duplex mis-match crash.gif

LOL. I worked with a CCNA at Sprint who could NOT draw a physical layer diagram using CDP...
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745

I thought that would be a CCNA level task? Or is that why you were so upset about it?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOL. I worked with a CCNA at Sprint who could NOT draw a physical layer diagram using CDP...

While I understand CDP is very easy to use, CDP is hardly touched in the study material and does not exist on any of the exams Ive been through from CCENT-->CCNA-->CCNP:Security. So while its interesting he couldnt figure it out (almost everything on Cisco can be button crashed through by using ?), its not something Id be overly surprised about.

Even with prior work experience, if you work in a small-to-medium sized shop where everything is documented or drawn out, there really isnt a need to use cdp. Not everyone works in an enterprise environment with proper distribution/Aggr/Access levels where CDP becomes a necessity.

Cisco has been focusing the exams more and more towards the ASDM and from what I hear, there are plans in the works that will see future code versions have things that can only be done through ASDM as there will be no CLI equivalent command...
    instant000 wrote: »
    I thought that would be a CCNA level task? Or is that why you were so upset about it?

Pretty sure thats what's got the OP so upset.
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
    Upset sounds like such a strong word... I was more like.. really are you kidding me..
    My Networking blog
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Nothing surprises me anymore with respect to people taking shortcuts. I have worked with folks that have passed their CCIE written who couldn't tell you the difference between an LSA and a SLA.
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Nothing surprises me anymore with respect to people taking shortcuts. I have worked with folks that have passed their CCIE written who couldn't tell you the difference between an LSA and a SLA.

Just to be clear when you say LSA and SLA you are referring to Link-State Advertisements for OSPF and Service Level Agreements, right? Or should I be breaking out my Cisco books again?

Context is key especially in IT where we have acronyms for everything. If you threw that question at me in an interview and the answer was as described above, I would probably have to profess to not knowing the difference because at least to me, my mind would immediately jump to 2 like subjects (i.e. networking vs business) so I would probably define one (again depending on context of job title, previous questions and current question, it could be either one) and state I didnt know the other one...
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    apr911 wrote: »
    Just to be clear when you say LSA and SLA you are referring to Link-State Advertisements for OSPF and Service Level Agreements, right? Or should I be breaking out my Cisco books again?

Context is key especially in IT where we have acronyms for everything. If you threw that question at me in an interview and the answer was as described above, I would probably have to profess to not knowing the difference because at least to me, my mind would immediately jump to 2 like subjects (i.e. networking vs business) so I would probably define one (again depending on context of job title, previous questions and current question, it could be either one) and state I didnt know the other one...

I believe he's talking about IOS ip sla's

Cisco IOS IP SLAs Configuration Guide, Release 12.4 - IP SLAs--Proactive Threshold Monitoring  [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.4 Mainline] - Cisco Systems
    Hmm... yeah Ive seen those... But that still wouldnt be where I would have gone with that question...

The Cisco IOS IP SLA are monitors. The technology is not actually called SLA in fact, in the Cisco documentation, SLA=Service Level Agreement so the point is still valid...

Throwing acronyms around and seeing what sticks is not going to get you the answers you want/expect no matter how skilled the person.