Options

Working through Contract companies

wireless-guruwireless-guru Inactive Imported Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today I received a phone call from a contract company that sounded a little suspicious. They offer me a helpdesk position contract to hire with Alltel. I was told that I would start at 15 dollars an hour, and once I became full time I would be making 36 dollars an hour. I haven’t had any experience working through a contract company. My questions is, are they legit. A helpdesk position for 36 dollars an hour plus benefits, this is kind of hard for me to believe. I know recruiter that work for the contract companies would probably tell you anything, but I am not sure, because I never work or went through a contract company. icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It all depends on the company. I would suggest you do as much homework as possible on that particular contractor. I own a company which employs now 23 people and sometimes I still do work through a well known training company.
  • Options
    wireless-guruwireless-guru Inactive Imported Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    It all depends on the company. I would suggest you do as much homework as possible on that particular contractor. I own a company which employs now 23 people and sometimes I still do work through a well known training company.

Can I work for you? I know you could use a young energetic 26 years old with a-lot of potential.