Passed ICND1!

cisco_macisco_ma Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the ICND1 exam a few hours ago. icon_cheers.gif I took the class a few weeks ago at Global Knowledge, and then spent the past week filling in the gaps and practicing. I bought the Boson exam simulator for the exam, and I feel that helped me tremendously. I found the quick reference sheets in the back of the CCNA Flash Cards book by Cisco to be really helpful, too. They provided a great overview and quick studying material.

This is my first cert, so I'm pretty excited about it. Time to start working on the ICND2 exam and go for that CCNA.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all of the helpful resources, which also helped me immensely.

Comments

• apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent job - Way to go!!!
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!icon_thumright.gif
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Great job on the CCENT cert!

Best wishes on the ICND2 as well.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    Congrats on the pass!
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • cisco_macisco_ma Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to everyone!

Altjx, I used your notes and command sheet for this exam, as well, and it was very helpful. Thanks for that!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your pass!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • edward87edward87 Banned Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job. But i am worried a lot about my ICND1 exam. is it difficult?
    edward87 wrote: »
    Great job. But i am worried a lot about my ICND1 exam. is it difficult?

Not in my opinion, to be honest. I don't think the test was as difficult as people made it seem. Just as long as you're comfortable with knowing the material and how to use your show commands, you should be good. I would say just make sure you know how to implement the commands from the command references at the end of each chapter (if you're using the official icnd1 study guide by cisco).
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats bud, awesome stuff :)
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
    Congrats bud, awesome stuff :)

Thanks!!
  • sasprosaspro Member Posts: 114