cisco 9.99 book deal of the day: route OCG

MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
Every day there's a new book for $9.99.. the ROUTE OCG is for today.. Many like the FLG better but all I'm using is the OCG and it's fine. There are many typos, but there pretty easy to spot plus you can check the errata. The FLG goes more in depth, but it's always helpful to use many different sources anyways. The OCG is good as a primer. Plus it comes with a boson exam sim cd. For those on the fence now may be a good time to strike

$9.99 eBook Deal of the Day
Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice tip, do you think your link would work if we click it every day to get the latest deal?

Great find!

icon_thumright.gif
  • poguepogue Member Posts: 213
    People still buy pdfs/epubs/mobi/(insert non protected ebook format here) files online?

icon_smile.gif

Russ
    Currently working on: CCNA:Security
    Up next: CCNA:Voice
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Yes they have a new one everyday.. I learned about it from someone else posting on here awhile ago. Looks like the ebooks are adobe digital editions or watermarked pdf.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-security/65196-cisco-e-book-deal-day-9-99-a.html
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Yes as it's tax deductible as an education expense ( at least here in Australia)

Plus you get the latest edition and can get support if there's a problem with it.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    pogue wrote: »
    People still buy pdfs/epubs/mobi/(insert non protected ebook format here) files online?

icon_smile.gif

Russ
    I do. I've got 20 different titles in my ciscopress/que/informit/pearson account. Sure, I can hit up a bittorrent tracker and find some (probably all) of them, but for $10, I know I'm getting the current version, I'm supporting the author and publisher, and I know I'm not going to get a notice from my ISP or the MPAA/RIAA or something. In fact, I'll only buy their non-DRM material, I won't "buy" their Adobe DRM garbage.

Really, it's $10. If you're building a Cisco lab, that's a GBIC or a cable.

What do you suppose earning your CCNP:Route costs, between lab gear, testing fees, study materials... What's another $10?
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No kidding. At $10 is it even worth the hassle of trying to find a pirated copy. Time is money, and my time is worth more than $10. If I can get a book for $10 I am going to buy if there is even a remote chance that I will read it. This isn't 1980. $10 can't even get me to work and back and can barely buy me lunch. $10 is chump change.
  • laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice! Thanks!
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I setup Outlook to remind me to check this page every day. Picked up 5 CCNP:Voice books for $50 in about 6 weeks time. The CCNP:R&S stuff comes up constantly. Seems like once every 2 weeks. The Voice stuff is on a month cycle.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's almost enough to tempt me to get an Ereader (or whatever they're called these days)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    bermovick wrote: »
    It's almost enough to tempt me to get an Ereader (or whatever they're called these days)
    Barnes and Noble sells Nook Color refurbs on ebay. I got mine a while back for $199, but I've seen them as low as $129 from them since then. Root it and you've got a very good, very affordable Android tablet :)
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The TSHOOT FLG is today's book. Working on ROUTE right now or I would grab it.
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    amazon has the kindle versions of some of them for $9.99 to $22 if you can't wait for the 9.99 cisco special to get to the ebook you want

CCNA command guide is 9.99 a few others are 14.40 on anazon

ROUTE is todays book
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014