Life after the CISSP...

7 VII 77 VII 7 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I have my endorser sending the information in but I wanted to keep going with my education and not just certificates.

I passed on my Nov 13th test. So now I wanted to look at something else.

Today I applied and submitted for UMUC Grad Cert in Cybersecurity Technology. It is 1.5 years of online classes (3 classes) and then I get a Grad Cert. If I want to, I can apply those classes towards a UMUC Masters in Cybersecurity Technology with 3 more classes and 1.5 years, all online. Not to mention I will have my summers off.

Just an FYI!

7 years experience in IA/C&A/Programming, CISSP and soon to be a Grad Cert and Masters in Cybersecuirty... not too shabby.

Not sure if I should get any other certs over the summer when I dont have classes.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If you only go for the three classes, all you are getting is just another cert. It takes the full seven classes to get UMUC's MSIT degree in Cyber Security. You can get that in only 1.5 years, too, if you don't take the Summers off.
  • 7 VII 77 VII 7 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If you only go for the three classes, all you are getting is just another cert. It takes the full seven classes to get UMUC's MSIT degree in Cyber Security. You can get that in only 1.5 years, too, if you don't take the Summers off.
    That is exactly what I am doing with UMUC through my employer. I take the classes to get the Cert and then I take the rest of the 3 classes to get the MSIT Degree. Takes 3 years which I am fine since I get the summers off. My company wont pay the classes for the summer.
    7 VII 7 wrote: »
    My company wont pay the classes for the summer.
    I can see that for undergrad, but that's a bizarre rule for graduate school.
    I can see that for undergrad, but that's a bizarre rule for graduate school.
    Well I am OK with that.

Company pays for the Grad Cert... and then I use my tuition dollars again to pay for the Master's program. I am OK with summer's off :)
    7 VII 7 wrote: »
    I am OK with summer's off :)
    Just make sure the grad program is OK with that too. Many grad/post-grad programs expect continual enrollment, and only allow skipping of terms because of "life situations."
    Just make sure the grad program is OK with that too. Many grad/post-grad programs expect continual enrollment, and only allow skipping of terms because of "life situations."
    They are, I did my research