Options

Regular area subtypes

EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
"Regular areas can have several subtypes, including standard area, stub area, totally stubby area, not-so-stubby area
(NSSA), and totally stubby NSSA."

How can you read that and not laugh? icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    When I first read about it, I didn't really laugh, I was more like "wth were they thinking?". Personally, I hate OSPF...it's way more complex than it needs to be. I don't know how you would simplify it, I just know it's too complex! I'm glad every company I've been with runs EIGRP
  • Options
    pham0329 wrote: »
    "wth were they thinking?"

LOL funny you should say that, because I did literally say "WTF" out loud and had to go back and read the sentence again thinking who thought of having a not-so-stubby area and a totally stubby not-so-stubby area... reading it like that just doesn't make sense!
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    My first thought was. Really? Everything else in the networking side of things sounds complex, then you come out with this crap?

Then I think now, how would my boss (sales background) take me seriously when I tell him I will be creating a totally not so stubby area? Would he think I was high?
  • Options
    Monkerz wrote: »
    My first thought was. Really? Everything else in the networking side of things sounds complex, then you come out with this crap?

Then I think now, how would my boss (sales background) take me seriously when I tell him I will be creating a totally not so stubby area? Would he think I was high?

I'd just call it TSNSSA and hope he doesn't ask what it means! :D