Options

Security Lab for CEHv7

the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
So setting up a security lab to work through CEH and OSCP self-study. I am running all my systems on Oracle VirtualBox on one desktop. So here's the deal. I want my hacking machine (Backtrack 5) to be on a seperate network than my network infrastructure that I plan to exploit. So here is my plan (and I want to know if this will work).

One switch with two different VLANs
Two routers (one for each VLAN) on the switch
Two different NICs on my desktop (one connected to each VLAN).

Then I will configure the network settings on my Backtrack VM to operate using one network interface. And all other VMs will be configured to use the other network interface. (Both will be using Bridged networking)

So the question is...WILL THIS WORK? Can you distribute VMs on different VLANs in this way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    the_hutch wrote: »
    So setting up a security lab to work through CEH and OSCP self-study. I am running all my systems on Oracle VirtualBox on one desktop. So here's the deal. I want my hacking machine (Backtrack 5) to be on a seperate network than my network infrastructure that I plan to exploit. So here is my plan (and I want to know if this will work).

One switch with two different VLANs
    Two routers (one for each VLAN) on the switch
    Two different NICs on my desktop (one connected to each VLAN).

Then I will configure the network settings on my Backtrack VM to operate using one network interface. And all other VMs will be configured to use the other network interface. (Both will be using Bridged networking)

So the question is...WILL THIS WORK? Can you distribute VMs on different VLANs in this way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After looking around for a few minutes, this seem like it *might* be what you're looking for.

Internal Routing
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)