Passed 220-701!

LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed it with 818/900!

I used professor messes videos, examcram, and the MM passport which I HIGHLY recommend.

I also used the Chimborazo A+ QA book but DO NOT recommend it, too many typos and incorrect answers.

I also found no help in exam software such as cengage certblaster, etc. Somehow I never passed those "practice exams" but passed the real thing.

Hope this helps some up-and-comers!
In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems

Comments

• drumrolfedrumrolfe Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jjasso21jjasso21 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and what's next?
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass and thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Sometimes having more difficult practice test questions that you don't answer correctly first is helpful if they provide explanations so you understand the concepts. I never heard of Chimbarozo before but I like the way it sounds. Chimbarozo. Chimbarozo.

Good luck on the 702!

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
    Security+ Tip of the Day
  • LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    702, of course! Then perhaps the Sec+ or the Net+...I havent quite decided which one I would do. I WANT to do the Sec+ next but know I should do the N+

Does anyone have any input on 702 compared to the 701? Is it significantly harder?
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! the stuff i am using is about the same. MM passport is a great read, however i really am not liking his all in one book. also the professor messer vids are great however i think he skips alot of information.
  • ImTheKingImTheKing Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lenniusce wrote: »
    Does anyone have any input on 702 compared to the 701? Is it significantly harder?

IMHO, not much harder. I had a lot more printer questions on my 702 than the 701. I think I had all of 1 or 2 printer questions on the 701 and they were terribly easy.

Basically know the causes and symptoms of printer/network problems, commands for Windows cmd, and the Windows utilities and you should be good.