Options

OSPF static redistribution

EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
I've noticed that when redistributing a static route via OSPF the parameters (metric-type, metric, subnets) can be entered in any order -- does the order have any impact on the redistribution process? I also noticed that when I look at the config the metric-type (E1/E2) isn't specified -- is there any particular reason for that?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Eildor wrote: »
    I've noticed that when redistributing a static route via OSPF the parameters (metric-type, metric, subnets) can be entered in any order -- does the order have any impact on the redistribution process? I also noticed that when I look at the config the metric-type (E1/E2) isn't specified -- is there any particular reason for that?

Thank you

Oh wait actually I think I might know why... If I remember correctly type 2 is the default, so I guess if I were to change it to type 1 then perhaps I would see it in the config.
  • Options
    Eildor wrote: »
    Oh wait actually I think I might know why... If I remember correctly type 2 is the default, so I guess if I were to change it to type 1 then perhaps I would see it in the config.

Yup just tested it. Sorry about that icon_redface.gif