What course/s should I do?

StudentHatStudentHat Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I am currently at University studying COmuter Security (first year) and I would like to enhance my knowledge and employability by deepening my qualifications. I am not quite sure what route to take so I thought I would ask here.

I am interested in Security primarily but I also I have a keen interest in Networks, Satellites, Mobile devices and Wireless communication.

From what I understand so far these look like suitable courses:

CompTIA a+
CompTIA Network +
CCNA
CCNA Security

What courses would be recommend/suggest?

Is it possible to buy the offical book, go through it myself and then pay for the exam only? (to save money)

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard. For all certs you listed you can buy one or more books or CBTs and certify on your own. Since most of them are entry level it doesnt make much sense paying for training, unless you employer is willing to pick up the tab. I've never been a fan of A+ so I would start with Network+. I would add Security+ to your list so you can get your feet wet in that area.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Try to get as much as you can out of the classes at your university. If you free time, then I say get hands-on experience. Go voluneer, get internships. It will really help you!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE