Why type of techinal questions /other questions they ask in cisco job interview

mirror51mirror51 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Its long time i have done CCNA CCNP and its looks like i am forgetting few things. Although i know the concepts but forgot some commands.
i want to know that why type of questions they ask in interview so that i can start prepairinng. As i have no previous experience in cisco so i won't be have aything to tell about that

Comments

• cxzar20cxzar20 Member Posts: 168
    How can you have a CCNP yet no previous experience using Cisco equipment?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cxzar20 wrote: »

He probably means professionally. It happen.

To the OP there are a few interview threads in the off topic forum you should check out. What I would do is go to indeed and look at CCNP jobs and read up on the technologies they mention in the post.
  • mirror51mirror51 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cxzar20 wrote: »

I practiced with GNS and rental LABS. I was having free 8 months without doing anything , so finished CCNP
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    the questions are based on the job itself and will combine your past experience + knowledge + whatever job your applying for. There is no way to predict what questions will be asked unless its a real specific role you are applying to.

just go by what the requirements are on the job listing and you will be able to generalize the type of questions asked. You cant prepare for every job in one fashion. You must prepare accordingly to each particular job.

if the job requires CCNP, then brush up on everything you can.. expect vtp stp redundancy/availability, routing eigrp bgp ospf the list go on and on lol then familiarize yourself with the other requirements listed.
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Pretty much echoing what tokhss said, if you look at the job description it will typically tell you what technologies they are looking for you to know.

Don't worry about the specific commands, they are looking to see if you know the concepts and that you can communicate them clearly.

Lastly, be honest about your experience and your skills. If you don't know something it's okay, but don't try to BS your way through it. Generally if they feel you are motivated to learn and you understand the concepts they will be willing to give you a chance.
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Pretty much echoing what tokhss said, if you look at the job description it will typically tell you what technologies they are looking for you to know.

Don't worry about the specific commands, they are looking to see if you know the concepts and that you can communicate them clearly.

Lastly, be honest about your experience and your skills. If you don't know something it's okay, but don't try to BS your way through it. Generally if they feel you are motivated to learn and you understand the concepts they will be willing to give you a chance.

I echo this as well.
    And a plus to the command question.
    Know the Theory and Process.
    Be expected to answer questions revolving around the listed areas. For example, when I interviewed for a CCNA level position, I was asked about how a device communicates to a switch.
    Packet encapsulation and so on.
    Again, don't over state your ability and be honest.
    While experience displays the ability to work, the earning of the Cisco Cert is of high value as well.
    Combine the 2 and you are well on your way.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    It is truly going to depend on the type of job you are applying for. If you are applying for a CCNA level position, you can expect basic networking type questions. If you are applying for a CCNP level position, you should expect to be asked questions that revolve around expert level of networking. Always expect the unexpected.

I had a friend that interviewed with PayPal and he said it was pretty much an inquisition in which three CCIEs grilled him over several hours. That was just the verbal interview and then they moved on to the "hands on" portion."