Options

How difficult is MCITP

I'm thinking of going for MCITP once I'm finished with CCNP, and was wondering how difficult MCITP is compared to CCNA and to CCNP. How much time should I put aside for MCITP?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So much depends on the individual's skillset, experience, aptitude, study habits, and study material. Cisco and Microsoft are two vendors who provide solutions for different market segments. Plus, there is no such certification as MCITP. Presumably, you refer to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator.

All that said, here is my opinion on the subject. In order of overall difficulty:
    MCSA
    MCITP: SA
    CCNA
    MCITP: EA
    MCSE
    CCNP
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ptilsen wrote: »
    So much depends on the individual's skillset, experience, aptitude, study habits, and study material. Cisco and Microsoft are two vendors who provide solutions for different market segments. Plus, there is no such certification as MCITP. Presumably, you refer to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator.

All that said, here is my opinion on the subject. In order of overall difficulty:
    MCSA
    MCITP: SA
    CCNA
    MCITP: EA
    MCSE
    CCNP

To be fair I haven't done ICND2 for the full CCNA, but I would rank the SA as harder than that just based on what i've seen. Maybe i've got more experience and aptitude with Cisco than I do with MS, but trying to wrap my head around the 70-642 was painful.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Right, it's all pretty subjective. What I would say is that the top three are largely on par and the bottom three are largely on par. MCITP:EA/MCSE are definitely harder than CCNA, and CCNP is definitely harder than MCSA/MCITP:SA. Outside of that, yeah, the order is disputable.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
    Well that gives me some sort of an idea as to what to expect. Thank you all!