Taking the 2012 Exam in January

esid197esid197 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan to take the CISSP January 21. I know they renamed the Domains but from the CIB, I don't see a lot of changes to material. Anybody heard how much they plan to change from the previous exam? There aren't any new books out yet specifically addressing the new test. I just hope I'm not studying the wrong stuff or not enough of something new. I'm using Shon Harris's AIO 5ed, ISC2 Official Guide 2nd ed, and cccure.org for practice questions. CCCure.org questions seem a little dated but I am learning from it. I just hope it's not outdated and a waste of time. I'm thinking of getting a practice questions book. Any suggestions?

Comments

• busoh.sensenbusoh.sensen Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same to me,
    Perhaps i will take exam in mid year 2012. But still not have a book from CISSP with a "new" Domain in the market icon_sad.gif
    My plan before, i want to buy this book :

Official (ISC)2® Guide to the CISSP® CBK®, Second Edition

but, now with a new domain CISSP, this book still useful?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Official (ISC)2® Guide to the CISSP® CBK®, Second Edition

but, now with a new domain CISSP, this book still useful?
    It's my guess that this latest edition of the study guide was probably heavily used as reference material to create the new revision of the CISSP exam. I'm also assuming that many of the items on the new exam were previously research questions on the old exam, so CISSP exam prep material authors have known about the possible new content of the revised exam for some time now.

Guesses and assumptions for what they are worth. ;)
  • esid197esid197 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input. I'm hoping there's enough of the old material on the exam to enable me to pass.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    esid197 wrote: »
    I'm hoping there's enough of the old material on the exam to enable me to pass.
    If you are up on the current technology and events of Information Security, I don't think you have anything to fear from the revised exam material. It's both a CISSP candidate's years of InfoSec industry experience, and classroom and book-learning, that enables them to pass the exam.
  • busoh.sensenbusoh.sensen Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks JD, i hope so icon_study.gif
  • GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also worried as well, I'm studying for this exam and don't know what else to study to prepare for the new exam... icon_sad.gif