Options

Passed EDRP

Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
I passed the EDRP test about a month ago using the new material.

I must say that the new exam was tough even though the material you study is pretty standard BCP/DRP COOP/GOP information. The exam was tough because you needed to memorize every little detail in the material else you were not going to pass. On a test that is 50 questions all of which are extremely specific it is easy to miss the 16 that fail you.

I did learn some new information after studying all the PDFs from the official course. Had I not had the university providing me the exam I do not think I would have taken this exam on my own. I have a lot o practical experience with real BCP and DRP preperation and execution (Japan) and that is why a lot of the material was a review. Much of this information would be very good for someone who does not have that experience.

I did get to see the old EDRP material compared to the current and I can say for a fact the new information and test is actually pertinent to the domain. Had I taken EC-Councils older exam I would have been cursing my time wasted on the course.
Degrees:
M.S. Information Security and Assurance
B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology

Comments

• Options
    je062je062 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Were the official course materials all you used? It seems my study materials may have been based on the old exam (I didnt realize there was an old version until I read your post). The study material seemed pretty basic, common sense, and quite general. My first attempt at the exam, however, showed me that the exam question are non-general and quite specific. Especially all of the questions about old tools.
    Chris:/* wrote: »
    I passed the EDRP test about a month ago using the new material.

I must say that the new exam was tough even though the material you study is pretty standard BCP/DRP COOP/GOP information. The exam was tough because you needed to memorize every little detail in the material else you were not going to pass. On a test that is 50 questions all of which are extremely specific it is easy to miss the 16 that fail you.

I did learn some new information after studying all the PDFs from the official course. Had I not had the university providing me the exam I do not think I would have taken this exam on my own. I have a lot o practical experience with real BCP and DRP preperation and execution (Japan) and that is why a lot of the material was a review. Much of this information would be very good for someone who does not have that experience.

I did get to see the old EDRP material compared to the current and I can say for a fact the new information and test is actually pertinent to the domain. Had I taken EC-Councils older exam I would have been cursing my time wasted on the course.
  • Options
    natureboy24natureboy24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am interested in taking the EDRP exam. Does EC-Council have an official textbook for this exam?
    MBA: Information Systems (2008)
    BS: Management Information Systems (2006)
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am interested in taking the EDRP exam. Does EC-Council have an official textbook for this exam?

Yes through their PDF based class system you can purchase the text books (PDFs). The old EC-Council books are no longer supported nor do they cover the current exam topics.

EC-Council | EDRP Course Outline
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology